Your Church wedding in the Wylye Valley
There is nothing quite like a country church wedding and our churches are beautiful, welcoming and we love to share in your special day.
We have churches to fit all sizes of wedding from the cosy surroundings of Upton Lovell and even Sherrington to the grandeur of Heytesbury.
Who can have a church wedding? (these are national rules that we have to abide by)
Everyone..... (with a few tiny exceptions)
- If you live anywhere in the parishes from Norton Bavant to Codford St Mary
- If you have a connection to the Parishes through your family or went to school in our primary schools
- If you don't fit in to the above then you will need to come to worship with us for a year on and off (Main Sunday services are once a month usually at 9.30 or 10am so we invite you to come for up to 6 services in the year leading up to your wedding... of which 3 could be when we read the Banns)
- You need to be baptised to get married in the church.... NO
- You need to be a regular churchgoer..... NO
- You can't get married if you are divorced.... No (do talk to us about this)
- You wont be allowed confetti ... NO we love biodegradable confetti as it makes our churches look lovely
- You wont be allowed Photos in church.... NO we recognise that this is your special day and you want to record that. (We also allow videoing of weddings but there is a charge for the copyright licence)
- Church weddings are boring and impersonal... NO we can include music on CDs, your local band even. We love you to have poems read and your friends involved in the service... we have even had the whole female wedding party singing songs from Sister Act.... and it was great. Marriage is about so much more than two people coming together.... it is about the families and friends and about the community. It is about more than individual love..... it is about love between families and friends and love spreading out to the world. Marriage is more than Legal, more than social, more than now. Marriage is about Eternal Love and a depth of human being that we in the church honour and celebrate as you say your vows before the mystery of love that we name God.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Order of Service
Before we start planning, lets get the sequence of the service correct.
You might like some of these suggested readings for your ceremony.
Some Wedding Hymns
You might like some of these suitable hymns for your special ceremony.
Sadly there are some costs
There are costs but we make a special effort keep them as low as possible.